“We need the tonic of wildness…
At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be infinitely wild…
We can never have enough of nature.”*
*Henry David Thoreau, Walden, or Life in the Woods, Chapter 17, Spring, 1854
To skip ahead to a certain photo gallery, or the bibliography, click on the links below.
Sea Gallery….. Land Gallery….. Land-to-Sea Gallery….. Biography
View images from recent travel in a slide show format.
View images of wildlife on land and underwater.
(Clicking an image brings up a gallery of related images.
Clicking an image in the gallery brings up an enlargement & a slide show.)
More to come…
About Chris Crowley
- Travel and wildlife photography
- About 45 countries visited
- Portfolio of mammals (especially primates)
- Portfolio of fish (especially sharks)
- Beginning and advanced underwater photo courses attended
- About 2000 dives completed
- Mechanical Engineering (BSME and ME)
- Specialty in multiphase fluid flow and heat transfer
- 31 years experience in selling and managing engineering research projects
- Experience on over 600 parabolas aboard NASA zero-g aircraft
To Contact Chris:
Christopher J. Crowley
32 NH Route 10
Orford, NH 03777